Interested in Window Replacement? This is What You Need to Know
If you have been considering a window replacement in Marin County CA, you are making a great decision. There are many wonderful benefits to replacing the current windows that are in your home. One of these benefits is that you will be adding value to your home. Another great benefit of window replacement in Marin County CA is that you will have great savings when it comes to energy. Before you go out and get replacement windows, however, it is always a good idea to learn a bit more about them.
Types of Window Materials on the Market
Depending on where you choose you buy your new windows, you will likely have your choice of materials. Though all of the new windows will likely be made out of some type of glass, the glass can be mixed with other materials or chemicals to produce different types of windows. Here are some well known windows on the market:
- Aluminum Windows – You won’t often see aluminum windows in newer homes. They are typically a single pane design which is not very efficient when it comes to energy. They are also quite thin which means they are much more breakable than other types of windows. If you can find them, however, they are quite affordable.
- Wooden Windows – These are windows that are encased in wood. Typically you will find these windows in homes or areas that have a historical look. These windows need more maintenance than other types of windows and over time, the wood can rot away. Wood windows are also more expensive than other windows.
- Vinyl Windows – Vinyl windows are the most popular on the market currently. They are fairly inexpensive and offer the greatest efficiency available.
How Many Panes?
Now that you know the major types of windows that are available on the market, you should learn more about how the number of panes can affect the windows.
- Single Pane – Single pane windows were popular long ago, but these days, they are difficult to find. If you can find them, you will probably notice that they are less expensive than other types of windows.
- Double Pane – The most popular windows out there are double pane. They offer great energy efficiency as well as great protection.
- Triple Pane – If you are looking for the ultimate in efficiency and protections, triple pane windows will be your best choice. Triple pane windows are the most expensive, but you will start earning a return on your investment, in most cases, within 5 years.
As you can see, there are some choices that you will have to make before choosing the perfect windows for your home. It is suggested that you work with a professional and have a consultation in your home before making the choice on replacement windows.